Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fire and horses update

My horses are safe.  They are on the OTHER side of the mountain ridge between the fire and them and across Highway 74.  In fact, during last Tuesday's lesson, we couldn't even see the smoke from the fire.

It rained here in the desert ALL NIGHT last night and everything is soaked.  However, when I got up at 5:00 a.m., I did see lightning to the south (up Highway 74 and not in a current fire area)...

A follower just posted on the Idyllwild Town Crier facebook page that it also rained all night up in the mountains, in the fire zone and the fire is now 49% contained.  I'll keep you guys posted today...

Haven't been doing much.  I have been driving over the Palm Springs every morning with my camera to take photos, but yesterday it was so cloudy I couldn't tell which were smoke clouds and which were storm clouds.  And, today it's the same.  I may take a drive up Highway 74 later on...

3 comments:

  1. We are at the cabin in Pine Cove and all is quiet here. Have not seen Cal Fire or any fire trucks today. We have been deep cleaning the cabin since all furniture, window treatments, etc had to be moved to the center of the cabin. Now, if the winds do not change and attack us, the cabin is ready to rent again.

    www.stellarsummitcabin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your horses are safe and sound. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, glad to know you weren't affected.

    ReplyDelete