COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mountain break

We headed up to our local mountains and Idyllwild for a few days.  Last Saturday it was 101 degrees even here, at 6,000 feet, breaking the previous record.  Sunday it was 99 degrees, but today it is only 86 and right now it's 75.  That's a good 29 to 30 degrees cooler than the desert!  I actually saw and smelled rain this morning when I drove down to the horse ranch for the horses' weekly lesson.  This week's lesson was an introduction and re-introduction to bath time!  ALL the horses except Sunni got sprayed off, washed off, sprayed with my homemade recipe for fly repellent, and then had SWAT applied to their faces.  SWAT is a fly repellent which actually DOES work, but apparently mine also does as I didn't see one fly on any of them.  I haven't uploaded my photos yet, but when I do, I'll share them here.  I've been busy feeding the blue jays, squirrels, and a family of quail.  There's also a rabbit who comes every morning and late afternoon to feed upon the birdseed.  It's a relief to get out of the desert and we are here with our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter, who is 3 months old.  Here she is at the koi pond of the Silver Pines Lodge in Idyllwild, CA, enjoying the view, but not the mosquitoes!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo of your granddaughter.

    It's been hot in Wrightwood - we were so hot at one point a few days ago that I seriously wondered why we moved to the mountains, lol.

    Your post reminds me that when the when the wine fair comes to Idylwild I want to remember to visit there. I bought a sandlewood body lotion there and that's worth a trip in itself.

    Stay cool! Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete