COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fire update

Last night the entire town of Idyllwild was under MANDATORY evacuation...sigh...That's over 6,000 people.  And pets.  And horses.  Now I worry about all the wildlife~the bluejays, squirrels, rabbits, deer, and other wildlife...

Our daughter had texted me earlier in the afternoon to inform me that the Idyllwild School of the Arts was being evacuated.  That's a good thing because they are having music camp there and kids are up at the camp.  And their musical instruments.

I can no longer drive up Highway 74 to Garner Valley because the road is now closed.

And, a monsoon is heading our way, which means a wind shift toward Idyllwild.  That's why the town is being evacuated.

These photos are NOT mine as I can't get up there anymore...sigh...All photos are from:
http://idyllwildtowncrier.com/2013/07/15/photos-mountain-fire-grows/  NOBODY can drive into Garner Valley anymore, unless you are a resident.  I'm not a resident, so I can't get through there.  Yes, the road to Anza is still open (as far as I know...)




8 comments:

  1. very nice pictures, was this from day before ? Can people still go back and forth to Anza ? You know, you can always take back forestry roads up from Bautista Canyon to the top of Thomas Mountain. Wow, can you imagine the views and shots from there ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These aren't my photos and I really don't know when they were taken...You can still get to Anza from Highway 74, but you CANNOT get into Garner Valley any longer, unless you are a resident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has gotten pretty nasty....I hope they can get it under control soon.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I will be glad when this years' fire season is over. those photos remind me of the Yarnell fire we just had here a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reminded of Yarnell all over again. Praying that all get out safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to ISOMATA when I was a kid, played trumpet. Idyllwild favorite for hikes up Devil's Slide...hope everything will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching up on your posts. When I heard they were evacuating Idyllwild, that changed it all. Very scary!
    These are the only photos I've seen of the actual fire.

    ReplyDelete