On a sad note, my neighbor's house was broken into yesterday morning (Sunday). I went out and saw her car there about 6 a.m. I was going to talk to her about the amount her tree trimmers were going to charge us for removing two dead trees. They came Friday and we gone in about 15 minutes. POOF! Two trees gone! :-) I didn't want to bother her that early (she IS an early riser like me, but even I thought 6 a.m. was too early to discuss business), so I left her alone. I wandered back over there about 8:30, but her truck was gone. Somewhere between 8:10 and 10:00, however, somebody broke into her house, stole her TV and some cash, and her camera and some jewelry. Her partner, another neighbor, stopped by at 10:00 and her front door was wide open, and he called the sheriff's department.
Now, I was out puttering around in our back yard about 8:30 and I thought I heard some banging, but we have a 6' block wall between us and I can't see into her yard. I wish I'd poked my head around the front part of the fence and maybe I would have seen something. Apparently they loaded up the TV on her WHEELCHAIR and wheeled it around the block to their waiting car. She is most upset about losing a necklace that her father gave her. It's too bad these things happen. She's been our neighbor since the kids were little (about 30 years now). Our neighborhood is quiet and peaceful, but a few years ago, several homes WERE broken into again. We'll all just have to keep our eyes open.
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, June 9, 2014
Busy week ahead...
This next week will be a busy one. It's the last week of school and the kids know it. We're doing some water experiments this afternoon and tomorrow, I'll be bringing in some dry ice to do some experiments for the kids. No, they aren't allowed to touch it. They will be observing. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are "minimum days", which means the kids go home an hour early. Our party will be Friday. We'll clean out desks and cubbies (we all have built-in cubbies in our rooms) probably Wednesday and I'm gathering up plastic bags for the kids to take all their junk home. We'll scrub desks Friday morning and I'll let them play games, too. Maybe even show a movie with another class...who knows? It was 109 here this weekend, so it is too hot to take them out for PE in the afternoon, so we'll do that in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The elderly are often prime targets...sad and scary!!!...:)JP
ReplyDelete