COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Smoke tree blossoms



A while ago I promised you some photos of the smoke tree blossoms and here they are.  These trees only bloom for about 2 weeks and POOF!  The blossoms are gone.  They are also loaded with bees, so if you see one, be aware of that.   I actually heard the bees humming as I approached these, which are at the end of Carrizo Canyon, a canyon that parallels Deep Canyon.  There are several nice, big smoke trees at the base of Highway 74, too, and some across from the Bighorn development.

3 comments:

  1. I have a Smoke Bush in our yard, which has a deep, almost burgundy leaf. Hope we get blooms!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen these before! Those blossoms are pretty. I have really gotten into the wildflowers and native trees this summer - I'm enjoying learning just what is in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, Cheryl Ann. I got some pretty good smoke tree shots a few weeks back when I took a long jeep trip out in the desert. Will have to post one of these days!

    ReplyDelete