COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I almost forgot to blog today! Happy Father's Day!

It's been a busy two days here.  Yesterday I drove up to the horses for a quick visit and a trip to the feed store for 4 bags of pellets and 2 huge salt blocks.  It's that time of year and Lucille really goes through the salt!  Back down the hill for a quick shower, then over to our daughter's for a TGIO (thank God it's OVER) party for some of her teacher friends.  Then, back to their house this morning for a Father's Day breakfast, and now off to our son's for a Father's Day dinner with the entire family.  Phew!  I need a vacation from my vacation!

Once again, up at the ranch, I was enthralled by all the hummingbirds up there.  The ranch owner has 4 separate feeders for them.  There must have been over 50 of the little guys darting and buzzing around!  One flew right by my nose!




Fortunately the ranch owner makes her own solution.  Some of the hummers are babies that never migrated and I saw a very tiny one.  I always enjoy watching them.  Some are quite aggressive toward THEIR feeders!   :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love hummingbirds. They can be very territorial.
    I hope you enjoyed your party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummingbirds can be territorial but to have so many would be awesome!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have two feeders but hardly any visitors to it. fun to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete