This is the one year anniversary of the deaths of 19 brave firefighters, the Granite Mountain Hot Shots.
Let's face it...global warning or not, this year has been hot and DRY. We saw lakes up in the Sierras that were down 25%. Our mountains here above Deep Canyon are dry. And, they are full of chapparal.
There is already an out-of-control fire this summer in Arizona, over by Vernon, which is east of Show Low. AZ Central is providing coverage, so you can go over there to read about it. 5,000 acres burned so far.
Here's the link to a story about the Granite Mountain Hot Shots:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/2014/06/28/yarnell-fire-prescott-pain-lingers/11661827/
Bless them and their families. We will never forget...

When I see and hear about fires out your way or anywhere since my hubby was a firefighter, it concerns me...stay safe!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. Living so close to Deep Canyon, I'm VERY concerned about the dry conditions there this summer. I've NEVER seen it so dry.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann