COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

HOME!

I drove 8 hours yesterday, from June Lake to Palm Desert.  Hubby either had a case of altitude sickness or a virus.  I'm thinking it was a virus, because he had it all day and we descended in altitude.  I had it two days ago, while we were IN the Sierras.  Poof!  I suddenly had a headache, was fatigued, and felt nauseated.  I didn't eat dinner, and I RARELY miss a meal!  :-)  Anyway, in his condition, I didn't want him to drive, so after lunch at Jack's in Bishop, I headed down Highway 395, past the dust clouds at Owens Lake (sigh...) and made it home on a tank of gas.  Going downhill toward home is a LOT easier than climbing from 200 feet above sea level to 8,000!

I already miss the whispering of the aspen trees, the antics of the blue jays, and the squabbles of the squirrels!  I found a woodpecker nest and I watched the parents fly in and out while the babies squawked for their next meal.  A deer showed up yesterday morning about 5:00 a.m. and a coyote crept through the cabins Sunday night about 7:00 p.m.

But, hubby has to return to work, so instead of staying overnight in Ridgecrest, I just drove home.  The dogs were overjoyed to see us and Abby, our indoor cat, told us about how SHE felt being left alone for a week.  She was NOT HAPPY!

I didn't take any photos on the way home.  Instead I put my foot to the gas pedal and away we went!  I'm sure we'll be back either this summer or next fall.  Maybe I'll take a couple of days off in October, so that we can return and see the beautiful fall leaves...

3 comments:

  1. Hope hubby gets better soon...glad you made it home!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's good to be home. The cats are happy, the dogs are happy, the birds outside are happy. I raked the front yard and watered everything...life is good!
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete