COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Exhausting day yesterday

I'm trying to keep the kiddos focused and busy, so yesterday they did a cut and paste on the 3 states of matter and I found a 20 minute Bill Nye the Science Guy video on matter, which was very entertaining!  And, they learned a lot.  They made posters of their worksheet and did a very nice job!  :-)  After lunch, they did three experiments with water and we finished exactly 5 minutes before the bell rang!  YEAH!  In one experiment, they had to predict how many drops of water would fit on a penny.  HA!  They guessed 2 or 3 and one adventurous person guessed 8!  You should have seen the surprised looks on their faces when they counted up to 30 or 40!  Some, by the 4th try, even got over 100!  That is such a great experiment!  Fortunately, I had 24 (now 19...sigh...) water droppers.  Several got "misplaced".  Anyway, they all went home happy, but I was exhausted and fell asleep at 7:45 p.m.!

Today we will take down the writing wall, do Father's Day cards, and they will have to clean out their desks and cubbies.  Backpacks aren't allowed the last 3 (minimum) days of school.


2 comments: