The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cahuilla Vista~Our World Tuesday~011712




The Cahuilla Vista is one of the main overlooks above Deep Canyon and I stopped there Sunday morning, on my way up to the horse ranch.  I needed to do my "homework" for my horsemanship lessons and I was anxious to get to the ranch.  However, it was such a beautiful morning, that I pulled into the overlook and walked around.  There is a self-guided trail with many display signs and sometime I'll have to go back and photograph them all.  The Cahuilla Indians lived in this area and used Deep Canyon to travel from the mountains to the desert.  They harvested, cooked, and ate the pinyon nuts from the trees all along the canyon.  These photos show just a small portion of the overlook.  It was fairly windy up there on Sunday (and cold), so I'll return another day!  Our World Tuesday for January 17, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to this link:  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. that would be my dream day, stopping for the majestic scenery before going to see the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice captures of nature's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely looking place! Wonder what it was like for the Cahuilla Indians - hope the area maintains its pristine beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I did remember it correctly...It wasn't any easy life there, but beautiful...

    ReplyDelete