Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday




Had a good day yesterday driving up the mountain and working with my two mustangs on my horsemanship "homework"...getting them to flex and move off their front and hindquarters.  Scout, my alpha mare, caught on very quickly.  Cali, my loveable palomino, er, uh, huh? didn't really get what I wanted, so I'll need to work with her some more.  It was a cold, cloudy, and slightly windy day yesterday, with a rain storm moving in.  It finally got just too windy and cold for me, so I headed home.  I drove up the mountain about 11:00, which is unusual.  I usually go early in the morning, but we had breakfast with our daughter and son-in-law. They made croissants with Nutella and bananas.  I didn't eat any bacon or eggs, but they also served fruit.  Yummy!  We are returning today for ebelskiver (round pancakes)!  Here's a link so you can see them:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86bleskiver We also get to babysit the grandson today, so we may take him to the Living Desert Reserve to see the model trains!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl. Sorry I've been MIA but I'm catching up with the blogging world this morning. LOVELY breakfast. All this talk of horses is driving me crazy. This is the second post I've read this morning about horses and I love them so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful...you are a horse person so you can relate. My sister just lost her 5 year old 'baby' Julie...She was fine and then found dead next to her Mom..They haven't found anything on autopsy and her friend is an equine vet as my sister is a vet...she is beside herself with grief....she still have the Mom and another horse who are in their 20's...

    ReplyDelete