COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Deep Canyon in the morning~Nature Notes~010512




I headed up Deep Canyon Tuesday morning because my horses had a lesson with their trainer and since I was off of school this week (HOORAY!), I wanted to watch.  We have been having unusually warm weather here in the desert and the mountains are warmer than normal, too.  In fact, as I was driving up the highway, I recalled last winter's snows and snows from the previous years.  This year it is very dry and the forest service sign said "Fire Danger:  Very High" as I drove by.  But, it was an absolutely gorgeous morning, with high clouds in the sky and beautiful morning light.  I had about 20 minutes to spare before the horses' lesson and I stopped to walk down my favorite dirt road and admire the mountains' beauty.  I'll be going back up there tomorrow morning to work my horses and I hope it will be another incredible morning!  Nature Notes for January 5, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

8 comments:

  1. The scenery is just wonderful. So, do the horses ride all over this area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is going on with the weather? All the snowy states are saying the they are warm and balmy and although we had two weeks of rain and cool in December, it is now SUMMER!!!!!! To early. Somebody make it stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hasn't the weather been amazing? Love it and I love the drive up the 74. I just wish I had some horses to attend to, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scenery is so beautiful. I went to your horse blog and saw all the horse pictures too. They are magnificent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horses don't ride in this particular area because it is so rocky. However, just a little further up the road, in Pinyon, are horse ranches and people there do ride their horses. It is a lot flatter and not as rocky as this spot, however. There are also several well-used hiking trails further up which go down in the canyon and lead down into the back side of Anza-Borrego state park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sky in the top shot is lovely
    and the bare trees are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that the horses have to attend school while the teacher is off....beautiful area if you could ride in it...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. My horses have a lesson once a week with their trainer. Quad gets a lesson EVERY week. The two mustangs get a lesson every other week, alternating with Sunni and Gigondas. I work with them on the weekends. I'm also going back to HorsemanShip 101 and learning how to properly lead a horse, how to disengage the front end and rear end, how to properly tie a horse, and other basics. I LOVE my weekly classes, which I do on Fridays, so then I can work with my horses on the weekends. It is SO worth it!!!!

    ReplyDelete