COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sonoma fog

I’m still in a funk right now due to the death of my German Shepherd.  I just don’t have the heart to do much of anything.  I went out today and planted my sweet peas and some sunflowers next to there he is buried.  I arranged some stones around his gravesite and sewed some African daisies over it.  I mean, this dog literally held onto life until we made it home.  How is that for dedication and loyalty?  I tell you, there is no other breed like a German Shepard.  We’ve had 3 of them in our lifetime and someday I’d like another one, but from a rescue.  And, it would be our only dog.  Right now we have our son’s dog and Ripley, my little black lab who was a “freebie” from the swap meet.  Anyway,while we were in Sonoma, we had 3 mornings of fog.  And, I mean FOG!!! It was dreary one day with light sprinkles  We headed up to Sonoma that day and stopped by the Buena Vista winery and I blogged about it over at http://desertsandbeyond.blogspot.com if you wish to read about it.  I’m going to watch the Rose Parade tomorrow morning, then head up to the horse ranch and spend some “horse time” up there…I really need to get up the mountain and see my horses.  Cathy, the ranch owner, will be in the Rose Parade with the Southern California Peruvian Paso equestrian team, so be sure to watch for them.  They are one of the last equestrian units and they all have Peruvian Pasos, which are wonderful gaited horses.  _MG_6552

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your comments about my dog, Rommel. He was truly a wonderful dog and extremely loyal. All of our shepherds have been wonderful, protective animals with real heart. Please, if you can, adopt a shelter dog and give it a decent home. There are so many of them. I believe we will have another shepherd in the future, but it WILL be from a rescue. I refuse to buy another one from a breeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. German Shepherds are great dogs. Our Sedona is part German Shepherd and I love her loyalty and the way she watches over all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of very mysterious! ^_^ Happy New Year!

    Museum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so bad for you as you continue to go grieve the loss of your fur friend. It's so hard and it takes a long time to get over it. Maybe spending some time with the horses will help some. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your New Year's Day was a good one, though I know you were sad about the death of your dear German Shepherd.

    Great foggy shot. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete