Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

fences in the fog~Friday Fences~January 27, 2012



I was fortunate last weekend to experience fog up in our local mountains, near where I board my horses.  We don't often get fog in the desert.  I can remember fog twice in the past 36 years down here.  But, up in our local mountains, at about 5,000 feet, fog is much more frequent.  It makes everything look so different!  This is the thoroughbred horse farm near where I board my horses and on this day, the fog made everything look so different!  While I sometimes like the fog, I wouldn't like it every day!  Friday Fences for January 27, 2012.  To visit Friday Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. I love the quiet and introspective of a foggy day and love your moody shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some nice shots of the fog and fence and farm...really lovely. I adore your header photo also, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a froggy day. around these part we say that instead of foggy. but either will work. such a great photo. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fog captures! I really like the paint peeling off the fence! I prefer the first shot, because the whole world just stops after the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots...I think fog is like snow: it improves even the best shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful scene to drink morning coffee to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fog do makes the scenery very dramatic, I love your shots.

    PS
    We have not been to the petroglyphs in Bishop yet, I wanted to go there last time but failed to find the exact location :( hopefully next time, thanks for reminding me about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really did a fine job with these shots considering the denseness of the fog. They are lovely and a bit mystical. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those fences look very dramatic in the fog :)
    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great capture...the fog gives it a very errie look!

    ReplyDelete