Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

House windows and door~Whimsical Windows and Delirious Doors~013012


I was driving around this morning after feeding the ducks at the park.  There's a neighborhood up in Rancho Mirage, "The Cove" and I sometimes take a drive up there, admiring the houses and fences and landscaping.  I drove by this house and then drove back to see the windows and arches.  At some point in the not-too-near future (probably this summer), we're going to have to take down our wooden fence as it's leaning over badly and I'm afraid it might just blow over the next time we have a good wind, which could be in March.  I found a couple of fence ideas this morning and I'm eager to show them to hubby so that we can plan what we are going to do with our fence.  I really liked all the windows and door of this home.  WW and DD for January 30, 2012. To visit WW&DD, please go to this link:  http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/01/whimsical-windows-delirious-doors-9.html

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what wonderful arches! I've never seen arches decorated like that before, it's really lovely! That is a really impressive home - when I first saw the photo I assumed it was a restaurant :)
    And yes, that would be a lovely choice of fence - good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house does look a bit like it could be a restaurant! I bet it is cool sitting under that arched canopy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful home! We don't see up here in New England red tile roofs, as well as the style. I like how this design pays homage to a desert homestead of the distant past. It looks as it may have looked before A/C, with the airy porch designed to allow the desert winds to keep you cool if you stay out of the sun. The styling and details make this a wonderful place. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the arches, painting and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I like about that house is the theme, which is inspired by a Mexican Spanish house in a villa. That's evident because of the shingles and design on the wall above the door. Perhaps the grills on the windows should be removed in case of emergency.

    ReplyDelete