The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The valley below

Sometimes, if there isn't a car behind me, I'll pull off onto one of the FEW turnouts up on Highway 74 and stop to take a couple of photos, like this one I took last weekend.  The problem is that there just aren't many turnouts on this side of the road!  There are several going up the mountain, but very few on the return route.  I can only think of two and one of them, this one, has telephone wires in the view.  I used my telefoto lens for this shot.  Another problem is that when the farmers down in the Coachella Valley burn hay or straw to keep their crops from freezing, the sky is very hazy.  It's already sprinkling down here in the valley this morning, but I'm going to head up the road later today.  Snow is forecast for elevations above 7,000 feet, so I won't be running into any snow...that's for sure!  That's looking down into the Coachella Valley.  Joshua Tree National Park would be in the mountains all the way across the valley!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a lot of scenic roads don't have enough pull offs for this photographer.

    ReplyDelete