COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yuccas on the mountain



There are a lot of old yucca blossoms up on the mountain and last weekend, I drove down my favorite dirt road to view some.  These three blossoms are last year's leftovers.  Like many other ones, they are still standing tall.  I see so many of them all along the highway.  Yucca plants have these blossoms and also the fibers that you see in the top photo.  I can't wait to see this year's blossoms!

3 comments:

  1. Russ took some photos of spent Yucca blossoms last time we were in Joshua Tree NP. I think they look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to taste the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the leftover old blossoms look pretty also. The last shot is my favorite, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete