Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mountain fog~Nature Notes~January 26, 2012




We don't get fog down here in the desert.  I believe I could count on one hand the number of days that we've had fog in the last 30 years.  However, when the clouds spill over the mountains and settle down, there is fog up there, like last weekend.  I love to drive through it.  Everything looks unfamiliar and strange.  It's like being in a different world.  (By the way, while I was driving through this fog, it was clear, but windy, in the desert). I could imagine getting tired of the fog day after day after day, but it is a real treat occasionally.  Nature Notes for January 26, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

3 comments:

  1. Nicer to enjoy the fog occasionally than live with it consistently. I don't really like to drive in it though it makes for a unique landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A foggy landscape is often mystical and moody. I love it - occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does make things look very different from your normal..we get it a lot here in western NY..Have a good week Cheryl Ann and stay well..Michelle

    ReplyDelete