The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Clouds on the mountain today~SOOC Sunday~012212 and Creative Exchange

I drove up the mountain today to go buy some pellets for my horses.  I looked at the weather forecast for the next week and every night will be down in the 20's.  They need some sweet feed and pellets in the afternoon so that they have extra calories to keep them warm at night and my supply was low.  I really wasn't sure if I'd even make it up to the horse ranch today!  It was so windy.  I mean, it was windy enough to slam my car!!! The manzanitas were all moving, the pinyons were moving, dust was blowing across the road.  It was BAD!  I've been driving up that road now for 5 years and this is the WORST I've ever seen the wind!  I just kept thinking that I'd turn around if it got too bad, but I made it.  At the top of the hill there was fog and I could barely see.  I took this phot on the way back down the hill after picking up 4 bags of pellets for the horses.  They will need some tonight, for sure! SOOC Sunday for January 22, 2012.  To visit SOOC, please go to:  http://www.murrieta365.com/  and Creative Exchange for January 23, 2012. To visit Creative Exchange, please go to:  http://www.the-creative-exchange.com/

6 comments:

  1. I think your high winds are now rocking my trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one stormy but beautiful sky Cheryl Ann.
    Glad you made it there and back okay.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous capture. It looks like you are inside the clouds.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What drama and beauty all in one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete