Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

mountain rainbow photos~SkyWatch Friday~January 27, 2012



You know, I never really know what kind of weather I'm going to encounter up in our local mountains.  It can be clear on the desert floor, where I live, but be cloudy and windy and raining up on the mountains.  Last weekend, this beautiful rainbow appeared and followed me on my way down the mountains.  I stopped at several turnouts to take photos of it.  It should be clear this weekend, so I won't see another one, at least for a while.  SkyWatch Friday for January 27, 2012.  To visit SWF, please go to :  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely photos of the transparent, pastel rainbow shimmering against the mountains and sky. Wonderful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shots of the rainbow...hard to get too...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a glorious sight!I feel goosebumps as I view these images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It almost looks like the high country of Hawaii what with the rainbow! You've got some fine skies there and I love your header, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenes.
    The last photo is my favorite :)

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete