Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm sorry I haven't been around....

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but my dog died.  No, really.  Our nearly 9-year old German Shepherd died on our living room floor last night.  Hubby and I had been up in Napa for a family after-Christmas dinner (our annual trip up there) and he held on until 5 minutes after we got home.  We sat and patted him and loved on him, but he had just wasted away (canine lupus) and he gave a couple of sighs and that was it.  I literally drove like a bat out of @#%% to get home, as our son had called us and said he wouldn't last much longer.  So, yesterday, I drove from Sonoma to Palm Desert in 11 hours.  We stopped once for lunch at a Denny's off Interstate 5 and once to grab a burrito from Baker's in Yucaipa.  I drove the entire trip, except for the one hour that hubby drove from Mojave to Desert Center. While I'm glad we made it home in time to see Rommel alive, I'm just numb today and don't feel like blogging.  I do wish you have a Happy New Year and I'll be back soon with photos from the trip.
~~Cheryl Ann~~

7 comments:

  1. Cheryl Ann, I am So sorry. Glad you safely made it home to say goodbye to Rommel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry Cheryl Ann.
    Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...I'm so sorry. That hurts losing a friend like that. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor old Rommel is at peace now. I'm so pleased you were able to say good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear the new, Cheryl Ann. Our hearts go out to you and your husband. Only time can heal these heart breaks, our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cheryl Ann....I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you warm hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sad to lose a beloved dog after only nine years. My heart goes out to you. I can understand why you were feeling just numb after that.

    Our (well, really she was mine) beloved dog, a border collie/ Australian shepherd/mutt, died just before she turned 14 and I cried for three days. So I completely empathize with anyone whose pet dies.

    I hope your 2012 is a good one for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete