Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Grounded today!!!







It's snowing again up in the mountains, probably above 3,500 feet and the department of transportation has a snow chain requirement right now, so I'm grounded.  I don't know how to put chains on and, since I drive alone, I'm not going to take any chances.  As much as I'd LOVE to drive up to the horse ranch, I'm staying home.  And, hubby is INSISTING.  PERIOD...sigh... I can't even see the mountains right now.  I called the owner of the horse ranch where I board my horses and she said it isn't snowing there, BUT, I have to drive through the areas where it IS snowing to get to the ranch.  I end up at about 5,000 feet and then the road splits down toward Temecula.  It's the 5,000 foot areas that always concern me, as these are the areas closed to all traffic except 4 wheel drive vehicles with snow tires OR cars with chains.  Believe me, I've been up there in the snow and slush and icy roads and it isn't fun.  But, it sure is beautiful!  Just look at these ranches up there! Aren't they pretty in the fresh snow?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty to look at but I can do without driving in it. Enjoy your day in the low country.

    ReplyDelete