I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Birds in my yard and scrub jay
I've written about "my" scrub jay before. He SHOULD be up in the pinyon forest, which is about 15 miles up Highway 74. However, he's taken up residence in our neighborhood now for going on 3 years. Every once in a while he disappears for a few days, but then he reappears, sitting on our front fence and peering at me sideways! I had been putting out birdseed for the sparrows, finches, and doves who visit our yard and he just appeared one morning. He's been hanging around our neighborhood ever since. Here are some photos of the birds in our front yard. I have to take these in the afternoon as it is still too dark in the morning, when I leave to school, and now that the time has changed and it gets dark earlier, I have to wait until the weekends to take photos of the birds out front. Oh, and yes, a Cooper's hawk has now taken up residence on the telephone pole in our back yard and every now and then I find dove feathers on the ground...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So delightful seeing the birds. Lots of scrub jays around here and yesterday I saw a Swainson's Hawk.
ReplyDelete