COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, December 9, 2011

Update on pepper crop




To update yesterday's post, I drove out past the pepper fields this morning.  The growers weren't burning anything as it didn't get down to freezing last night.  HOWEVER, the pepper crop has been ruined.  The local news is running stories about how the peppers have ALL been frozen and are mush on the inside.  So, on my way home, I took the side roads through Coachella and Indio to see the crops there.  One field of peppers were covered with cloth and I didn't trespass to observe those crops, but, judging by the footprints, other people had been there before me.  I hope they got some un-frozen peppers.  It is indeed sad that an entire crop has been lost to frost and it WILL cost consumers more at the store!

2 comments:

  1. That's not good news for us chile re llanos fans. That's going to affect a lot of people. The weather has been so unpredictable this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not good news to the farmers OR to those of us who love Mexican food. Sure hope some were covered in time to keep them from freezing.

    ReplyDelete