COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thoroughbred farm fences~Friday Fences~120211






There's a thoroughbred farm at the corner of Highway 74 and Highway 371, the Anza cutoff, up in our local mountains.  Unfortunately, time and the economy have both taken their toll on the fences there.  They are in need of paint and repair.  I saw some areas which had been chewed and chewed.  And, there are only a few horses boarded there now.  It used to be full of mares and foals, but now there aren't any foals...it's the economy.  There are a few horses and I stopped there once to see them...there were some Icelandic horses, some quarter horses, but few thoroughbreds.  I always enjoy driving by this ranch and looking at its fences, even if they do need a coat of paint!  The trees on the property were beautiful fall shades last weekend and I drove by one day, late in the afternoon.  Friday Fences for December 2, 2011. To visit Friday Fences, please go to this link:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Even if it could use a little paint, it's still a great looking place. Nice pics...
    We've been up in the mountains above Julian for the last two weeks. We took a day trip down to Borrego Springs and did a little back road jeeping yesterday. Last night it snowed for a while. By the time we took hour drive from the bottom up to the top, we had lost 40 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of fencing. :)
    I particular like your second shot - lovely tree color. A good coat of paint is nice but I like peeling paint as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone enlarges these...definitely worth it. And I love that last view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fences, they look very rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a never ending job of mending fences when you have horses! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures. It would certainly be a lot of work to keep up with all those fences.

    Kevin Prince did a fine job tonight. Sorry he got hurt. I hate it when players get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice weathered fences. Must have been beautiful in it's prime

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hate to see them in disrepair! i hope they can do maintenance before they start to rot and fall apart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spot to board your thoroughbreds. Gorgeous scenery. The fencing is a bit worn and needs paint and work, but with the economy as it is things like this get put on the back corner. Our barn needs LOTS of work, and we simply cannot afford to do it now. Since we do not use it for anything other than storage there is not that immediately urgency to fix it up. genie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't board my horses at this place. I board them down the hill, at a slightly lower elevation with a wonderful horse woman who breeds and raises Peruvian Pasos. Not that she's breeding any more...no market for them. But, she takes excellent care of her horses and she also boards mine and those of two other people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, even if the place is going downhill.It certainly looks desolate!

    ReplyDelete