I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, December 9, 2011
Smoke in the sky~SkyWatch Friday~120911
Every morning this week, I've observed haze from the fields down by my school. We've had hard frosts here every morning this week and the pepper crop has been devastated. Growers, in an attempt to save the peppers, have resorted to burning piles of SOMETHING on the edge of the rows, creating the haze which can be seen from Interstate 10. Yesterday morning I drove out by the fields to see what was going on. This is what I saw. SkyWatch Friday for December 9, 2011. I should mention that the local news did announce that the valley's pepper crop has been ruined by the frosts....sigh... To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry, it is sad for the farmers to lose a crop. The haze and smoke do make interesting photos. Happy skywatching.
ReplyDeleteSorry, it is sad for the farmers to lose a crop. The haze and smoke do make interesting photos. Happy skywatching.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots, but sorry to hear about the frost damage.
ReplyDeleteWondered why they'd been burning. Too bad about the pepper crop.
ReplyDeleteDramatic photos, but such a pity about the crop.
ReplyDelete