I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Pinyon forest~Our World Tuesday~120611
The pinyon forests of Deep Canyon are my favorite places. I frequently take side roads there and go off exploring. I love to hear the busy scrub jays scream and I enjoy looking at various animal tracks in the soil and mud. Sometimes I'll find an interesting pinyon or yucca. Here are a few pics from last weekend. I don't always go up there in the afternoon, but I needed to get up to the horse ranch and give the horses an extra meal, since it was below freezing for several nights, and I didn't get going until afternoon. I love the long, golden afternoon light and shadows and I'm glad I had the opportunity to visit the pinyon forest in the afternoon. Our World Tuesday for December 6, 2011. To visit Our World Tuesday, please go to: http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lovely spot - so different from where I live!
ReplyDeleteThat golden light is just lovely!
ReplyDelete