I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Monday, December 5, 2011
5 on the 5th~pinyon tree
I haven't posted on this meme for quite a while and I was reminded last week. When I go out on the weekend, I usually take anywhere from 100 to 200 photos and then use them the following week. This weekend, the Sunday stills Challenge was back lighting, and I spent Saturday taking various shots in the late afternoon. I had stayed indoors that morning because it was cold in the desert, which meant it was freezing up in the mountains, where I board my horses, and I really didn't want to "slip and slide" and possibly injure myself again! (I slipped on the floor up at Mammoth and bruised my knees and right shoulder.) So, I erred on the side of caution and went up early in the afternoon. I love the soft late afternoon colors, like this pinyon tree silhouetted against the setting sun. So, here's my 5 on the 5th for December! To visit 5 on the 5th, please go to this link: http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html By the way, there WAS snow on the mountains and on the side of the road further up, at about 5,000 feet! The horses didn't get any (they are at 4,000 feet), but the higher elevations of Highway 74 did. That's what was left over from our winter storm early last week, which headed over to Arizona and New Mexico and dropped more snow there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quite nice. A beautiful combination of lovely and eerie....
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tree. Almost a bit eerie, isn't it? Well done!
ReplyDeleteLove
Daniel
I love these. They're absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeletenice shot, sun always do magics with nature :), good one.
ReplyDeletewow great pictures, have to give it a try myself :)
ReplyDeleteT