COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pinyon tree backlit~Sunday Stills Challenge~120411

This week's challenge was to find a subject which was backlit.  I often do shoot into the sun, just because I love the resulting photos, like this one, of a dead pinyon tree, in the late afternoon light.  I absolutely to find dead trees!  For backlighting, you have to block out the direct sunlight and get your subject between you and the sun and the mountains and side roads of Deep Canyon provide many such opportunities.  Sunday Stills Challenge for December 4, 2011. To see more of Sunday Stills Challenge, please click on this link:  http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

  1. You and me both. I absolutely love dead trees. In Fountain Hills there's a dead Saguaro cactus on the main drag. I wish I'd thought to take a picture every six months of it because it's getting about down to it's last stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes a great silhouette! Nice takes for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete