Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Let it snow~Outdoor Wednesday~121411




I stayed home again today because of an extremely bad headache and dizziness, but by 8:00,  I really needed to go to the store and buy stuff for lunch.  I was out of EVERYTHING (except cat food).  I managed to stop by the park and take some photos of the roses with raindrops on them (we had rain yesterday and last night and snow on our mountains this morning).  I decided to take a quick drive up the mountain to view the newly-fallen snow.  Turns out, I had the road pretty much to myself!  It was very quiet and a couple of CALTRANS snowplows were driving up and down the mountain.  Here are some photos I took today for Outdoor Wednesday, December 14, 2011.  This is the second major snowstorm to reach our local mountains so far this fall and more snow is expected tonight.  In fact, it started snowing again when I turned around to come home! Remember, also, this is at 4,000 feet, NOT on the desert floor!  To visit Outdoor Wednesday, please go to:  http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. Nice pics. No snow in Palm Springs yet and I'm so glad I'm not having to commute up and down the mountain from the high desert for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already snowing! You braved to capture these scenes, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog today! I've missed my blogging friends more than actually blogging, if you know what I mean. It's amazing that you already have snow, but then again it IS December. I've missed being here but will stop by again - promise! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a better cure for a headach than some beautiful snowy views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up to a little snow this morning also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow, snow and more snow .... brrr it looks cold and you were brave and went out shooting. Nice job!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrrrr!!! Glad we're home in Oregon with blue skies and balmy 20F weather LOL!! No snow on our valley floor either but it such is COLD. Nice photos. I like to LOOK at snow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice winter time post. Love the red jeep with the snow on it. Very festive looking. We are still waiting for our FIRST real snow. I am ready. Bring it on! genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful snow pics. My OW is up too.

    ReplyDelete