COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another Monday is GONE!

We have officially started out countdown at school. I teach 3rd grade.  Only 8 more weeks to go.  The last two weeks are pretty chaotic with award ceremonies and the last 3 days of school are half days. And, teachers will be tearing down their class rooms. Now, don't get me wrong.  I'll be HAPPY to see this group go!  And, Mondays they are in top form! (Did you note the sarcasm?)  By the end of yesterday, they had to put their heads down for 20 minutes so that I could get some peace & quiet and think clearly!  Obviously, they were FULL of Easter candy.  In fact, I took eggs away from two of them...sigh...
 This group is a talkative one.  And, not just talkative.  They are RUDE!  One boy belched loudly.  Another farted loudly.  I mean, COME ON!  So, the math lesson that was interrupted will be attempted AGAIN this morning...sigh...

On the other hand, there is a family of orioles which has lived in the palm trees at school.  I've seen them now for over 10 years.  They disappeared one year and another year, when the district gardeners came, they chopped down the branch with their nest.  A couple of times we've seen babies on the ground and one of our 5th grade teachers gently places them back up on the palm tree where eventually it makes it back to the nest.

So, another day in the countdown.  I'll be happy when summer is here.

1 comment: