Well, I started up to the horse ranch today, but I didn't make it. First, I only had two gallons of gas, much to my horror! There is NO WAY I can make it up the hill on two gallons of gas. Second, I am still so exhausted from my cold that I was frankly too tired to make it all the way. Oh, well...maybe it was for the best?
I did look for wildflowers, especially lupines. I spotted a very few scraggly clumps of them. They honestly aren't even worth stopping to photograph. They are very light and thin. The lack of rainfall this year has really hindered the growth of wildflowers. Not much snow, either, up on the mountains above Deep Canyon, although Toro Peak did get a nice dusting this week.
So, I returned home, disappointed. I went through my archives to find these photos from 2011, 3 years ago. That was the last time we had a decent wildflower crop.
I may head out again this afternoon, if I'm not TOO DANG TIRED, but I'll have to wait and see. It's a 35 - 45 minute drive up to the horse ranch and I doubt I'll make it that far, but I may just drive up a short way and take some photos...ALL of these are from March of 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment