COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Grosbeaks~Wild Bird Wednesday~042814



These were the best shots I could get of Mr. Elusive Grosbeak last weekend.  I tell you, the minute he sees me take my camera up to my eye, he is GONE!  And, he was hidden in our palo verde tree when I took these photos.  I know when the 3 of them are near because I can hear their calls.  Unfortunately, I have been hearing the Cooper's hawk every morning, too.  Its "chee, chee, chee" is heard up in our cottonwood tree in the back yard, where it sits awaiting the arrival of the doves to the feeders.  Such is life...Wild Bird Wednesday for April 28, 2014.   To visit WBW, please go to this link:   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Well at least you did get some shots of this Grosbeak and maybe next time you will see the Copper's Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grosbeaks are awesome birds. Great sighting. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is the beauty of bird photography. Birds are tricky to capture on camera. Very nice captures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! It is so hard to get bird photos.

    ReplyDelete