I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Yucca blossoms~Today's Flowers~041314
There just aren't many yuccas in bloom this year. Apparently it is the drought. I see many, many stubs of ones from previous years, but VERY few new ones this year. I did find the three yuccas at a turnout on Highway 371, down to Anza and Temecula, but there are actually few of them on Highway 74. I did find the top one at a turnout yesterday. This, to me, is very sad. I remember years when whole hillsides were covered with them, but not this year. Additionally, there are very, very, very few wildflowers. I actually didn't see ANY yesterday on Highway 74, although I did see a few on 371. Today's Flowers for April 13, 2014. To visit Today's Flowers and see gorgeous flowers, please go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice! I always like to see Yuccas and other plants blooming. It makes me feel like things are going okay in that area.
ReplyDeleteYes, very sad. The drought in CA is just awful! I love yucca blooms!
ReplyDeleteI never have seen blooming Yuccas before. It looks amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so wonderful to see and learn so many different things through the blogging :)