No doubt about it. It's getting to be time to turn on the old air conditioner. And, ours is OLD. Our compressor is 10 years old and the inside, whole house unit is 15 years old. That scares me because this summer, I think we are in for a hot one! Here's the 10 day weather forecast for Palm Desert: Tuesday 92, Wednesday 93, Thursday 96, Friday 100, Saturday 103, Sunday 98, Monday 94, Tuesday 87, Wednesday 86, Thursday 84...Thank goodness for the cool down! I'm already missing our cool days from last week (see below).
These were really nice, cool days. Fortunately, over the weekend, the temps were absolutely, positively wonderful! Unfortunately, I was sick.
68 on Saturday, 92 today. Crazy spring in SoCal :-).... and the winds.... Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sky shot, and yes, time to turn on the A/C (or in my case in 29 Palms, the swamp cooler). It keeps us surprisingly cool except in the most humid of weather.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I would love to have a swamp cooler, but hubby grew up with one and he hates them...sigh...I'm hoping I can at least talk him into putting one in the kitchen/living room area, so at least that part of the house will stay cool. We'll see...
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann
Yup...it was like that here, too. Now, temps are heading up toward the 100 degree mark by the weekend...shudder...
ReplyDeleteYes, and I imagine the ones nowadays run MUCH better than the ones from 30 or even 20 years ago! And, yes, as long as the humidity isn't high, they are quite comfortable. Our neighbor runs one in the summer in her house and has had it for over 15 years. I should ask her about hers.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann
Good gravy!!! I never realized it got that warm so quickly!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteYes, it can. Last week we had a cold front move through...this week, back to normal temps...in the 90's. And...heading up to the triple digits.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann