First, this is the first of two weekends of Coachella (the music festival). What do we locals think about it? Pffffffffttttttt! I avoid the area. I could care less. This festival was hyped that it would give local hotels and merchants extra $$$$, but I notice this year the promoters have put up tents (complete with air conditioning) for the festival-goers, for $65.00 a night. Well, there go the local hotels hopes! I mean, why go to a hotel when you can stagger to a tent on the property and collapse there after the festival?
Second, yesterday was one of the nicest days we've had here. Yes, it was 98 degrees on our front porch when I got home (hubby was home all day), but it was a dry heat, with a slight breeze. It was... PERFECT! I came home and watered my sweet peas and plucked off the ones that had gone to seed. I also pulled out some unwanted weeds, so now I can go out and take some photos of them this morning.
Third, dinner last night was sandwiches, but DELICIOUS, YUMMY ones. Some kind of sliced ham from Bristol Farms and some Havarti cheese and a olive/rosemary bread. DELICIOUS! (no photos...sorry...the sandwiches were gone in a flash!)
Finally, I'm planning on driving up to the horses this morning. I haven't been up there for a couple of weekends (I was sick last weekend) and I want to see the foal. Another horse is due to foal about the 15th, so next weekend, I should have more baby pics! :-)
And, I made it through the week without having to take a day off, although Wednesday, by noon, I was TOAST. Thursday, too. I did manage to make it through Friday, however. That's always a good thing!
That's my 17 year old cat, Loki, giving me a good sniff. He doesn't wander away from the porch now. He enjoys sneaking a bite of dog food every now and then and he cuddles with our German Shepherd, Lady. That's "his" chair that I'm sitting in! I enjoy sitting in it every afternoon, listening to the birds, and watching them at the feeding stations. I'm hoping the Grosbeaks show up this year, but I haven't seen them yet. I'm also hoping for a fantastic weekend because my cold/flu thing is going away. I still have the cough, but I otherwise seem to be back to normal! :-)

I get especially goose bumby when they do stuff like that with a cold wet nose.
ReplyDeleteDoes anybody know what setting I need to do to put comments so that they can show, instead of having to click on them? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the comments only show when you click on an individual post, not the blog itself. Tried looking for a way to change that in settings but no luck.
ReplyDeleteGayle
Glad you are feeling better and out and about. Sounds like you had a great day. I couldn't find a way to do comments like that, so I switched to the pop-up comment box. It's nice that Loki and Lady get along so well.
ReplyDelete