Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

We had RAIN yesterday!!!

I kept watching the Toro Peak webcam and it was cloudy all day, with rain forecast for Anza.  So, I didn't drive up to the horse ranch.  No sense driving for 45 minutes only to be out in the rain.  Instead, I did the dishes here at home and puttered around the front yard.  By 2:00, however, I had to drive to north Indio to babysit the granddaughter, so off I went.  By 5 pm the sky was completely dark over Deep Canyon and, on my way home, I could see rain pouring down!  I drove out to the sand dunes off the Washington Street exit and took these photos.  We even had enough rain here in Palm Desert to get out streets wet and our cars dirty!  But, it sure was nice to open all the windows and smell the wet cement and feel the breeze!


3 comments:

  1. It's 10:30 a.m. and the clouds are already gathering...perhaps another day of afternoon of rain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The largest rainfall amount in SoCal recorded was at Mountain Center with 0.42 of an inch.

    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/display_product.php?sid=SGX&pil=RRM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I saw where rivers of water ran down the streets in Anza. And, there was standing water still everywhere yesterday. They had a good downpour!

    ReplyDelete