I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Rustic fence and tavern~Good Fences~041114
On our way home from Solvang, we stopped at the Cold Spring Tavern, which was right below the road to Lake Cucamaya. It lies back in the hills, just a short drive from the highway. What an enchanted place it is! It is like stepping back in time! I liked this old fence and another one at the tavern. Good Fences for Friday, April 11, 2014. To visit Good Fences, please go to: http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.com/
How did we find this little place? We had actually been there 40 years ago for lunch. Hubby was representing some wineries and we stopped there with another wine broker. Yes, it is off the highway, but the drive back there is incredible. I've added a couple more photos below. It is actually a tavern on an old stagecoach route!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
looks like a neat place! thanks for linking in!
ReplyDeleteDon't know how you found this little place, but it looks very cool!
ReplyDeleteHI That looks like a lovely wooden tavern you stopped at with a great fence.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful place!
ReplyDeleteThe little tavern has the exact same curtains that I have in my cabin in PA! I also have my tablecloth in that pattern, and have for years. Your photo blew me away! Love the old fence in the first photo!
ReplyDeleteNookworm, that's interesting! Glad you enjoyed the photos!
ReplyDeleteCheryl Ann
I love that place. The food is good, but it is VERY crowded on nice weekends. We camp at a place very close to there. Right off of Paradise rd.
ReplyDelete