We had RAIN here overnight. I can smell everything outside and it smells delicious! Plants got a little moisture, too. I'm hoping it will be a good morning to take photos of my flowers before the sweet peas ALL go to seed. And, with next week's forecast into the high 90's, they will surely wilt and be done.
Somebody commented on my and sweet peas photos and said they couldn't believe I'm growing them so early. Well, here in the desert of southern California, yes, our seasons are a bit different. We have an early spring, but we also have an early summer. Usually by April, our temps are in the 90's daily. I remember many spring break weeks where we had to turn on our air conditioner. We may have to do that next week....ugh...Our summers here are brutal, with many days over 110 degrees. By August, we have daily monsoons and the humidity...well, it is nearly unbearable! Such is life in the desert.
AND...I just found this on one of the local news stations:
http://www.kesq.com/news/windy-weekend-poses-health-risks-at-stagecoach/25671372. The video talks about the health risks of all our windy days...coughing, bronchial irritations, ASTHMA, etc. LOTS of blowing sand here already and it's only 5 a.m. The winds outside are pretty strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment