So, I grabbed my Canon and drove over to the city-owned golf course where I USED to walk. I haven't walked over there now for about a year. I NEED to get back and walk, since I've gained 6 pounds. Ugh. No fun having that extra weight and not good for me, either. Unfortunately, I only walked a short distance, then broke out in a sweat and was dizzy. I made it back to my car and sat for a while. I decided to go to the city park, since I wouldn't have to walk too far there, so I headed that direction. And, that was pretty much it. I was exhausted, so I went home and fell asleep for an hour! This BUG has really left me drained.
Anyway, it WAS the first day of Spring, so I tried to take some photos of all the desert plants that are blooming right now. The palo verdes are GORGEOUS! I don't remember them blooming this much last year. Some cacti are in bloom, also. My garden is coming along nicely and I'm very conservative with how much water I use on it. Anyway, here are some photos from yesterday.
Palo verdes are in full bloom.
Palo verde blossoms. The trees are FULL of bees!
Yucca blossom...also full of bees.
Cactus
Ocotillo
Nice to see the desert blooms and glad you got out for a little bit. Just don't over do it. Don't want a set back.
ReplyDeleteGood of you to get out even if for a short walk. Like the spring blooms. We are still a week or two away from anything blooming here. Maybe I'll post photos of Illinois in bloom. Unfortunately, corn and soy beans in bloom are not too exciting.
ReplyDelete