COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Near the Pacific Crest Trail

There are two places in Garner Valley where hikers can catch the Pacific Crest Trail.  One is right off Highway 74, near Highway 371, which goes down to Hemet.  It is within walking distance of Paradise Corner and the restaurant there.

The other place is off Fobes Road.  Hubby and I took that road, with thet Nissan XTERRA up to the point that it was so narrow shrubs started to scratch the car.  That was it.  Period.  Apparently we were within 1/4 mile of the PCT.  We didn't see any hikers~they had already passed through.  They start in San Diego in May and by the summer months, are long gone and into the Sierras.  It's just too hot for them to be out in the desert portions in late June.

You can see the bulldozed road to the PCT in the top photo.  You have to drive quite a few miles back to get to the trail.  Once in a while I'll see a car on this road.

I love the quietness of the forest.  I could hear a bunch of meadowlarks here last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment