COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 7, 2015

I think I found what was chewing on my sunflowers!

As I went out the front gate this morning, I saw what I thought was a big, black lizard running away from my sunflowers along the west fence between us and our neighbor.  Hmmm....

I went in the house and came back out a few minutes later and one of my sunflowers was moving, so I crept up and looked.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  It was a HUGE RAT!  A big one!  Big and dark and ugly!  Apparently HE is the culprit who has been chewing on my plants!  I also found chewed sunflower seeds that dropped down from the fence, so I won't be feeding the birds out there any longer!   No, no, NO!  And, I have two lazy outdoor cats!

Hubby and I drove up to the Whitewater Preserve today, but by 10:30, every parking space was taken, so we turned around the drove through Palm Springs.  I saw a train coming, so I pulled over and took photos (I haven't uploaded them yet...)  We stopped and got ham sandwiches from our favorite Italian deli, which is next to the Fresh & Easy in Palm Springs.  We're having a lazy afternoon.  I cleaned out the hummingbird feeders and I'm going to take a nap...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment