COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Idyllwild overnight

We drove up to Idyllwild Friday, just for a one night stay at the "village" at the Silver Pines Lodge.  These are individual lodgings with a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.  Ours had a wonderful fireplace and a front porch also.  Hubby had Saturday off, so away we went!

I awoke before 7 a.m. and went for a morning drive downtown before it filled up with people.  I could hear blue jays, robins, and woodpeckers, and even a red-tailed hawk.  It was pleasant to be downtown without a bunch of people milling around!  I even went to the library when they opened and got a couple of hardcover books for $1 each.

While it wasn't a long stay, it was pleasant for both of us.  We both had a stressful week.  In fact, hubby awoke with a headache and dizziness, so I was eager to get him off the mountain this morning.

If you do wish to get out of the desert heat, I can recommend Idyllwild.  It has a small town feeling and the people are friendly.  There are lots of places to stay up there.
 The new Silver Pines "village".  Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with this.  Too close together and NO privacy.  There are 4 "cabins" here...
 Deer statues downtown.
 Look...NO CARS!   :-)
No cars here either.  I love 7:00 a.m.!

1 comment:

  1. The next time you want to visit Idyllwild, you might want to check out our daughter's cabin. I think I have mentioned it before and blogged about it during the fire two years ago.

    It is at the end of a road and you have all the privacy you could want and the views are wonderful....

    http://www.stellarsummitcabin.com/website_Pictures

    ReplyDelete