I headed up Highway 74 about 9 a.m. I wanted to see if it was snowing up by Pinyon. Nope. But, it was snowing up on the mountains, at 8,000 feet. The Toro Peak webcam showed snow and I could see it through the clouds moving across the tops of the mountains. I turned around and drove home for lunch.
After lunch, I sat around again and by 3:00 I was bored again, so off I went back up the mountain. I could see the clouds which were much lower this time. I'd read on Facebook that snow was falling in Anza and Pinyon is about the same elevation, so back I went. I did stop and take some photos of the clouds this time, as they were setting down into Deep Canyon. Still no snow, but I do believe after I made it home, it got a LOT colder! I can't see outside yet this morning, but I'm sure the snow level is way down.
Looking down into the edge of Deep Canyon. The Bighorn Institute is there.
Looking across down into the Coachella Valley from Highway 74.
Clouds moving down through Deep Canyon.
Your Sunday looked like my Sunday. Rain and clouds all day. At least you were able to get out. I'm parked in a mud pit and must wait for it to dry before getting out.
ReplyDeleteToday, it is partly cloudy, so I may just walk around Slab City and take in the sights and leave the jeep so it doesn't get all muddy. Too lazy to clean it.