COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Weekends

After working with 25 8 year olds all week, I NEED my weekend (nature) time!  BELIEVE ME!  I usually try to head up Highway 74 by Deep Canyon, if hubby has to work, or sometimes on Saturdays, I'll head out the opposite direction.

Last Sunday, however, I drove up Highway 74 to Lake Hemet.  There is a new roof on the grocery store there and it looks very nice and I'm sure it will do its job!  The cottonwoods at the lake are all budding out, so in another week or so, new green leaves will appear.  The lake was very quiet last Sunday.  I like it that way.  I like to explore the little day use area by myself and not be bothered by screaming kids.  I enjoy the screaming blue jays, but not screaming kids!!!

 I love the quietness of Lake Hemet.
 Cottonwoods are beginning to leaf out.
 Nosy squirrel.
Cute bird...bluebird?

2 comments:

  1. At least it is Wednesday. Couple more days and Friday will be here. It must be horrible when Daylight Savings hits and you have to get up an hour earlier to go to school. Oh well. One of these days it will be the good ole days.

    Love the photos of all the flowers you have been posting. Looks like spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a quiet natural place to run away to, and from the screaming kids.

    ReplyDelete