COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Birds in the rain

It was a cold and rainy day here Sunday and I was surprised to see so many birds out in the rain, eating the birdseed out front.  But, there they were, hunting for seeds and pecking away at those seeds in the ceramic bowls, covered with water.  Yup.  They have to eat, too.  And, there were plenty of them outside my office window!

 Pretty dove.
 Looking for birdseed.  Can you see it covered by the water?
 Another dove waiting in the tree.
 Lots of sparrows and finches...
There were many squabbles!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful header photo of the mountains.

    Nice to have a bird feeder outside your work window to get all those pretty bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Doug. I actually WAIT for days like that and if they occur on a weekend, up the mountain I go! There were quite a few people up there Sunday taking photos.
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete