COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Overnight to Yuma...

I went to the accountant's appointment Saturday morning and by noon, hubby was home.  Seems he decided to close and take 1 1/2 days off.  His assistant is out with carpel tunnel syndrome and he said business was slow.  Poor guy...he's worked, I think, 12 days STRAIGHT.  So, he wanted to drive down to Yuma overnight and check out the sand dunes at Glamis.

We left about 3 p.m. Saturday and drove down the western edge of the Salton Sea.  I'd been down that road, let's see...about 20 years ago when we took a group of students down to the Imperial College astronomy lab and the museum next door.  Gosh!  How time flies!  We drove through Westmoreland and Holtville and saw the fence at the border (our first time seeing it)...Saw some dunes across from Algodones, too, in the late afternoon.  Got to Yuma, saw some trains backed up, which seemed unusual.  It was a beautiful night there and we saw a spectacular sunset.

Here are some photos near Salton City...to be continued...



4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you two got away for the weekend. Yuma and I are still waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-interesting area and photos. I read somewhere the number one reason for visiting the Salton Sea now is photography (although birding is still popular as well). Planning a visit there in about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salton City and the surrounding communities are so depressing. Many of the properties need to be demolished.

    The developers had a great dream that turned into a nightmare. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY depressing! Yes, a lot of the houses are in complete disrepair!

    ReplyDelete