The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bighorn! ABC Wednesday 012611

"B" is for bighorn, my entry for ABC Wednesday this week. This one was at the Living Desert Reserve, at the bottom of Deep Canyon. She was out eating her morning alfalfa. If you enlarge it, you can see alfalfa dangling from her mouth! She looked right at me, then turned her BUTT to me and went up into the rocks for more alfalfa. I didn't see any other ones there, and they usually have a herd of them, so I don't know where they were. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see this one up close. I saw a couple of them grazing by the road a few weeks ago, but they weren't very close and I didn't get good photos of them. I've only seen them on Highway 74 twice and both times were within a year. They do, however, come down from the mountains to munch on plants and shrubs on nearly developments and golf courses! ABC Wednesday for January 26, 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for NOT sharing the BUTT picture w us!
    On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, welcome, and thanks for participating! - ROG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet shot. That one doesn't even look the least bit disturbed that you're there.

    Cheryl
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent sighting and capture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful animal. Not so long ago on my Art Blog, we painted pictures of the Bighorn Sheep. It was really fun.

    ReplyDelete