COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ranch House Cafe, Olancha, CA~~Window Views and Doors, Too 010611


About 5 hours north of Deep Canyon are the Sierras. Along Highway 395 is a little town called Olancha, CA. It is where Crystal Geyser water is bottled, yes, straight out of the Sierras. Right outside of town, along the highway, is the Ranch House Cafe restaurant. We drove by it for years and years and never stopped, but I noticed it always seemed to be busy. Finally, last year, hubby and I stopped to eat breakfast there. Believe me, now it is ALWAYS one of our stops! We love this little place. UNFORTUNATELY, if CalTrans builds a new highway and bypasses this little town, this restaurant will die. So, I'm secretly hoping that California won't be able to afford to do that, just so the Ranch House Cafe will remain open. Hubby walked over and took this photo of their side door and window. Window Views and Doors, Too for Thursday, January 6, 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I remember eating or having coffee at a place like that 10 yrs ago, but perhaps in Independence. Plant and ecoregion exploring in the northern Mojave, S Great Basin, w/ a nursery salesman friend.

    I hope Calif can't afford the bypass, as well.

    BTW, I'm enjoying your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let that be a lesson - if a small town restaurant is busy, it is usually locals who know a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many of those kind of restaurants left here either. Boom & Gary of The Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete