COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ocotillos at Joshua Tree Natl. Park~Cactus Monday 010311











Hubby and I took the XTerra up to Joshua Tree National Park on Saturday. It was a clear day, but storm clouds began moving in by the afternoon. The park was very busy and many people were out hiking, taking photos, or rock climbing. We always enjoy driving up to Joshua Tree (it's about 45 minutes from our desert home). We came in through the west entrance, drove through the big rocks, stopped and hiked the Barker Dam trail, then headed out to the ocotillo forest. By then, the clouds were gathering and the temperature was dropping. I had seen ice at the west entrance and there were patches of snow at Barker Dam. But, the stark beauty of the ocotillos made the drive worthwhile! Cactus Monday for January 3, 2011. Back to work and school today! :-(


3 comments:

  1. I like the ocotillos. Saw some with red flowers on the way home Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Cactus Monday! I also love these ocotillos. Of course in the summer they look much prettier with there little green leaves. Must have been a great drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pix of such an interesting tree.

    ❤HCM❤

    ReplyDelete